Pages

Monday 1 February 2010

The Failed Spinster Cometh

As a child, I had many ambitions: gangster princess, contralto vet, astronaut nun...but as we grow, we put aside childish things. On entering my twenties, different careers seemed attractive to me, such as "mad cat lady", "cackling crone", and the most compelling "spinster."

Unfortunately, it is a sad truth that life doesn't always work out the way we want it to when we are young. I made several efforts to preserve my proto-spinsterhood, taking up knitting, acquiring a goddaughter, and even going so far as to break off three engagements into which I had inadvertently fallen, but it was no use. The axe cannot be avoided forever. I entered into a relationship with Himself on 21/08/2007, and in doing so, I failed my spinster practicals.

This blog is the outpouring of snarky, televisually-addicted bitterness that has resulted. Happy reading.

1 comment: